Also this year the AMPA is giving EEA families the opportunity to donate their well preserved child’s school textbooks to the Banco de Libros. By donating used textbooks, a stock is built up for subsequent annual lending to participating families.
Responsible from AMPA: Bárbara Presti
Only textbooks that will be used in the following school year 2021/2022 will be accepted for donation. To find out what these books will be, families should consult the list on the School’s website.
Only families who donate books will receive books from our book stock on loan for the following school year upon request. Families with children in the 5th year of Primary will be eligible to borrow books without prior donation.
Book donation program:
- This program is aimed at families of 5th Primary and all Secondary of ALL LANGUAGE SECTIONS.
- It receives as a donation only TEXTBOOKS to be used in the school year 2021/2022.
- The books must be donated in good condition.
- The books must be donated/returned without the name of the pupil. During the use of the book, the pupil’s name must be written on a sticker on the cover and not on the book.
- Workbooks and reading books are excluded.
- Participation in the “book donation” is entirely voluntary.
- Once membership application form and the request form forms have been filled in, they should be printed out and placed inside a bag together with the donated books.
Families already participating do not need to fill in the membership form when returning the books on loan.
- The bag will be delivered to the secondary door of the school from 28 June to 6 July 2021 between the hours of 8:45am and 1:00pm.
- Once the books have been checked by the bank’s management committee,they will be allocated to the families.
- Before 15th July 2021, families will be informed by email of the books they will receive at the beginning of the school year. In this way, they will have enough time to purchase the books they have not been able to borrow.